Tuesday, July 30, 2019

SUGGESTION-RECOMMENDATION-ADVICE


MAKING SUGGESTION/RECOMMENDATION/ADVICE

A suggestion or recommendation is another good way of giving advice that isn’t to direct. You can use the words ‘suggest’ or ‘recommend’ as in the example below.
suggest taking a holiday.
I suggest (that) you take a holiday.
I would suggest doing more exercise.
I recommend going to bed earlier.
I recommend (that) you go to bed earlier.
I would recommend doing more exercise.
You should do more exercise.
You shouldn’t drink so much beer.
WHAT ABOUT / HOW ABOUT
WHY DON’T…WHY DOESN’T….
What about going to anew restaurant
How about pasta
How about watching the match tonight
How about doing some more exercise?

Why do’t we try a new chinesse restaurant?
Why doesn’t she go on diet?
Why don’t you do some more exercise?

LET’S…
Let’s take a walk at the beach.
Let’s go for picnic.



DIALOG 1
Ramlan           : Hi Renny , would you like to do something with me this weekend ?
Renny             : Sure . What shall we do ?
Ramlan           : I do not know . Do you have any ideas?
Renny             : Why do not we see a movie?
Ramlan           : That’s sounds good to me . Which movie shall we see?
Renny             : Let’s see “Iron Man 4”.
Ramlan           : I’d rather not. I do not like violent films. How about going to “Mad DoctorBrown“?
                             I hear it’s quite a funny movie.
Renny             : OK. Let’s go see that. When is it on?
Ramlan           : It’s on at 8 o’clock at the Rex . Shall we have a bite to eat before the movie?
Renny             : Sure, that sounds great. What about going to that new Italian restaurant “Wong
                            Jowo” ?
Ramlan           : Great idea ! Let ‘s meet there at six .
Renny             OK . I’ll see you at “Wong Jowo” at six . Bye .
Ramlan           : Bye .

DIALOG 2
Lenny   : Bayu, I’d like to study in a state university, but I’m worried I can’t pass entering test.
Bayu    : Why not joining me for preparing the test in college?
Lenny   : By the way, how much money does it cost for the college?
Bayu    : Not more than a million rupiah yearly.
Lenny   : Okay, I’ll consider it with my parents.

DIALOG 3
Anisa   : Hi Nerly, How are you today?
Nerly   : I feel disappointed.
Anisa   : What’s wrong with you?
Nerly   : I got bad mark English examination yesterday.
Anisa   : Don’t be sad. I’m certain you can get mark better next time and you should study hard.
Nerly   : Thank you for your suggestion
Anisa   : it’s OK .Don’t mention it

No comments:

Post a Comment